Engage the Word. Transform your life.
On January 2, we invite you to take part in Northside’s Year of Bible Engagement. For 52 weeks, we will be asking you to 5 things:
- Read Scripture: The Scripture reading plan will take you through the entire Bible in one year. The Scriptures are organized in a semi-chronological order, and you will read about 2-3 chapters a day.
- Pray a psalm: One psalm is listed each day for you to slowly pray through, making its words your own. By the end of the year, you will have prayed through the Book of Psalms about 2.5 times.
- Watch a short video: From the Bible Project, these short videos will share more about books of the Bible, themes and words.
- Listen to the weekly sermon: Our Sunday morning sermons will complement your engagement with the Bible.
- Share: Get together with people who are also engaging with the Bible to share what you are learning.
- Audio Bible option: Bible.is
- Paraphrase translations: New Living Translation found on YouVersion and The Living Bible
- Scripture Listening App: Dwell
- Listening to the Scripture isn’t a shortcut. Also, consider combining reading with listening.
- Chunk your reading (or listening) throughout the day by either reading/listening a chapter at a time or reading/listening for a specific period of time.
- If reading on a device, you can adjust the font size, font type and color to more comfortable levels.
- Eliminate background distractions to help you focus. Use headphones as needed.