2 Corinthians 5:11-21
We have two motives for sharing
- My first motive is to please God knowing I’m accountable to Him on judgment day.
- My second motive is Christ’s love.
We have a powerful message to share.
We have a ministry of reconciliation to share.
Jesus could not conceive of his disciples, not going! Especially since their training taught them to go. He intended to embed this mission in the lives of everyone who follows him. Jesus would find foreign the concept of a person becoming a Christian, but not becoming a disciple until he, or she becomes more committed to faith. – Roy Moran Picture page 33
Next steps to move from receiving to sharing:
- Join a Compassion in Action Team
- Attend Disciple Making Training on September 10 at 2:30 p.m.
- Use the Live/Work/Learn/Pray tool
- Pray for the world at Prayer.Global
- Matthew 28:16-20. Go and teach the world to obey Jesus
- 2 Corinthians 5:16-21. We are to join God in reconciling the world.
- Matthew 5:13-16. Serving others brings to light the change in us.
- 1 Corinthians 9:19-23. The mission should mold our relationships.
- Luke 10:1-11. Jesus calls us to the spiritually interested
- Acts 1:6-8. All of Jesus’ followers are ordained to share His message
- John 4:27-35. People are ready to hear about reconnecting with the Father in heaven.
- Luke 19:1-10. Jesus came to find and reconnect people to God.
- Matthew 9:35-38. Jesus viewed people as helpless and harassed.