Notice that there are two ways that they suffered.
- One was directly by a “great conflict of sufferings”
- Standing side by side with people suffering and having their property confiscated.
They joyfully accepted the confiscation of their property. What? They knew they had a better and lasting possession.
How do you respond with Joy and perseverance to the hardships and persecutions in this life?
- Think about the rewards of Christ over what this world has to offer
- Endure hardship like you are in a great athletic contest.
Faith is the confidence of things hoped for.
Faith is the assurance of what we do not see.
- Remember your teammates who went before you.
It takes more faith to endure than it does to escape.
Pray and reflect:
- What circumstances or obstacles hinder your pursuit of Jesus?
- Think about the rewards of Christ over what this world offers
- How is Jesus a better and lasting possession?
- We are not just saved through faith, we must live by faith. How are you living by faith?
- What are you learning from those men and women of faith who have gone before you? Will you have faith like theirs?