The opposite of faith is not doubt. The opposite of faith is unbelief.
Doubt is described as someone who wants to believe and will if sufficient evidence is found.
Unbelief usually describes someone who refuses to believe in spite of sufficient evidence
Doubt says I can’t believe it.
Unbelief says I won’t believe it.
HOW TO DEAL WITH DOUBT
1. Admit your doubts and ask God for help.
2. Recognize that faith is a choice, not a feeling.
Faith consists of knowledge, assent and trust..
3. Lean in to people of faith.
4. Act on your faith, not your doubts.
5. Acknowledge there are some things you will never understand until heaven.
Frederick Buechner says: “Doubts are the ants in the pants of faith. They keep it awake and moving”