When facing crisis or anxiety Some people are overfunctioners while others are underfunctioners.
- Overfunctioning – I won’t feel. I will do.
- Underfunctioning – I won’t do. I will feel.
Philippians 4:6 “Do not be anxious about anything…”
The Greek word for anxious literally means “to be pulled in different directions.”
DELIVER YOUR ANXIOUS THOUGHTS TO HIM.
- Identify what you are feeling
- Release your anxious thoughts to him.
1 Peter 5:7 – Cast your anxiety on him because he cares for youPsalm 55:22 – Cast your cares on the lord and he will sustain you;God is strong enough to do something about it, and he’s loving enough to want to.
- Filter what you think about
5 areas that have to be reset when you experience crisis or anxiety
- Sense of connectedness to God and people
- Your structures and routines
- Mental space
- Spiritual practices