“I think God says fear not so often because fear is the number one reason human beings are tempted to avoid doing what God asks them to do.” John Ortberg in “If You Want to Walk on Water, You Got to Get Out of the Boat.”
What is the number one thing God wants us to do, that we are not doing, because of fear? I believe the answer is trust.
How do we grow trust in the face of fear? Believe these truths:
- Believe the Lord is my Lord.
- Believe the Lord is my light.
- Believe the Lord is my salvation.
- Believe the Lord is my stronghold.
- Believe the presence of the Lord is your greatest need.
From David’s prayers:
- Hear me
- Help me
- Teach me
- Lead me
- Protect me