First question: What is abiding?
Second question: What is the result of abiding?
- You produce fruit. John 15:2
- You get pruned. John 15:2
- Your prayers are answered. John 15:7
- You show yourself to be a disciple. John 15:8
- You have deepening love for Christ and other believers. John 15:9, 12-13
- You experience joy. John 15:11
- You are called a friend of God. John 15:14
Third question: What is the result of not abiding?
- You are cut off from God.
- You are fruitless.
- You can do nothing.
- You are thrown into the fire and burned.
They develop daily, weekly and monthly rhythms of abiding with Jesus.
- They daily abide with Jesus in prayer.
- They are weekly fasting, praying, going into the harvest and meeting as a church.
- They are monthly spiritually retreating and training.