Just for fun
See if you can answer these questions while you participate in online services
- What is the greek word for fellowship?
- How many pictures did you see during the sermon today?
- What did the preacher do to make it impossible for his volunteer to lift the bucket?
- What is the preacher’s brother-in-law’s name?
Before today’s sermon
What do you think of when you hear the word church? Is it a big building, or a stage with a cross on it, or do you think of people, a place to worship? What kinds of things come to mind? Good experiences, fun things, bad experiences, hurt feelings?
After today’s sermon
Talk about how we as Christians can appreciate our differences while at the same time prioritizing our coming together as the church. Talk about what the world sees when we come together in unity as the body of Christ.
Discuss today’s sermon
- Review the main points from today’s sermon and talk about what each one means:
- Church is a shared experience
- Church is a shared purpose.
- What were some of the things the early church did to show they shared the same purpose?
- How can we be the church by caring for and loving one another?
Later this week
Choose a children’s bible and read the story of the Ten Commandments (or read it from the NIV version of the Bible in Exodus 20:1-21). Talk about how God gave his people, the Israelites, the Ten Commandments (also known as the law) to keep them from sinning (v21).
Though we are not Israelites, we are God’s people, the church. To be people of grace and truth, we, too, follow in God’s ways. God gives us his truth in his word, so we know how to live the best life that he designed for us. He also shows us his grace because he knows we all mess up, and we all sin. God wants us to extend his truth and his grace to others. Let’s pray that God will help us to follow his ways, and to share and show grace and truth to others.