And, they’re back! This Sunday, August 2, our programming for kids and teens regathers at Northside.
To help provide a safe environment for kids and teens, we wanted to share some programming updates. Here are some of the details you need to know for Sunday:
- We are treating this Sunday, August 2 as Promotion Sunday, meaning your child or student will attend the programming applicable for the grade they are entering this fall.
- Infants to age 3 will be in the upstairs nursery.
- Kids age 4, 5 and in Kindergarten will be in Critter Land downstairs.
- Kids in first through fourth grade will be in N’Side Kids, also located downstairs.
- Our fifth and sixth grade students will be part of The Middle, whose temporary home is downstairs in Room 109.
- Teens in grades 7th-12th will be worshipping in our High School space.
- All of our adult volunteers in our kid and teen areas will be masked during both service times. Kids and students are not expected to wear masks when participating in our kids and youth programming. However, those age 12+ will be asked to wear a mask, if attending our 9 a.m. adult worship service.
- Programming during this season will be conducted in age or grade-based cohorts. Follow the signs and instructions of our volunteers, especially in our Critter Land and N’Side Kids areas, as you will be dropping off your child in a small group room.
- You can check your kids and teens into programming (as well as yourself into service) using our All Check system. Printer stations will be located in the nursery, student lobby and downstairs children’s lobby. Just simply text CHECK to 417-233-1200.
Tips for check-in and check-out
- Do a health pre-screening of your child before arriving at church including a temperature check. Upon arrival you will be asked to verify that your child is fever free and free from viral symptoms.
- Send only one parent into our children’s area for drop off and pick up to help limit traffic in hallways, and to help limit exposure to kids and volunteers in the rooms
- Do not bring diaper bags, toys or other loose items that can carry germs. (For children under 3, a bag and label will be provided at the nursery check in desk for necessary items, such as bottles, sippy cups, pacifiers and loveys.)
- Please be sure to use hand sanitizer or wash your hands before entering children’s areas and encourage your child to do the same.