By the end of February, our existing NCC Springfield app will no longer be supported or updated. We are moving many of the resources available through the app to two different platforms: the YouVersion Bible App and the ChurchTeams Member app. Of course, you can still locate most everything you need on our mobile-friendly website.
All of our events, giving links and ministry information can be found on our website, which is mobile-friendly. If accessing via your mobile device, you can use the 3-line menu button to see all the menu options.
This post will share where and how you can access the digital resources on those new platforms plus information on how to download those apps, if you haven’t already.
First, here’s the rundown of where you can locate items:
- Sermon notes: YouVersion Bible app and the Northside website
- Sunday morning connection book or check-in: ChurchTeams Member app or by texting CHECK to 417-233-1200
- Event information and registration: Northside website, the ChurchTeams Member app and Northside’s weekly email
- Children’s ministry lessons and resources: Northside website, the ChurchTeams Member app and by texting LESSONS to 417-233-1200
- Past sermons: Northside’s YouTube channel and website; subscribe to the Northside Christian Church sermon podcast
YouVersion Bible App
Every week you can access our sermon notes, Scripture and links to resources through the free YouVersion Bible app and the events feature.
Finding the Northside Christian Church event
- Download the free YouVersion Bible app or update your existing app to the most recent version
- Tap the bottom right More icon and then tap Events
If you are accessing this on a Sunday morning at Northside, you should see our event toward the top of the list. If it’s not visible, use the search icon at the top right to search for Northside Christian Church.
- Tap to open this week’s sermon event and then click Save Event to be able to access these notes at a later time.
- Follow along with this week’s message, tapping through to highlight Scripture or even add your own notes.
About the notes feature
Your private notes taken with the sermon event will be saved within that event. If you have saved the event, you can access all of your past events and notes from the More menu.
You can also choose to export or share your notes each week. When you have the sermon event open, you can export the event contents, including the notes you added, by tapping the top right Share icon and then tapping Export Event Contents. You can then choose how and where you want to share those notes.
Scripture highlights will be saved within the larger YouVersion Bible app and can be seen when reading the Bible app. You can tap through and to attach notes to that specific verse.
Add Northside as your church
Want to get updates and reminders from us? Want a way to quickly find our events? Add Northside as your church in the YouVersion Bible app:
- Open the YouVersion Bible app
- Tap the Discover section (search icon) toward the bottom right of the YouVersion homescreen
- Tap the search bar and enter Northside Christian Church to locate us OR tap the word Churches under the search bar to locate us within the app
- Click on Northside Christian Church and then tap Set As My Church.
- You can then adjust the notification settings to allow us to send you the occasional push notification about an upcoming sermon series, a memorization challenge or other resources.
Here’s the direct link to our Northside Christian Church page > https://www.bible.com/organizations/6f269c34-ce73-41d7-8fd7-a74a4b2234d8
ChurchTeams Member App
For years, we have used ChurchTeams for online giving and group and event registration. Last fall the introduced a companion member app, which will allow you to access your giving, event registrations, Sunday morning check-in and more.
How to get the app
This app is a progressive mobile app so it is NOT downloaded through a traditional app store. Here are a couple of ways to get the ChurchTeams app:
- Text ME to 417-233-1200
- You can reach out to the church office at 417-833-1861 to request an invitation
- Look for an invitation to the app in your email the week of Feb. 18
- Download the app from the Manage option in your online giving account or when you respond to a volunteer invitation
The login credentials for the ChurchTeams app are the same email and password you used when you set up online giving. If you have not set up an online giving account, click the “Forgot Password” button to create a login.
Using the ChurchTeams Member App
- Open and login to the ChurchTeams Member App
- On the homescreen, tap the menu items to open them:
- Check-In (only available on Sunday mornings) to let us know how you are worshiping with us and to print your child’s tags, if needed.
- Giving allows you to give online or manage your giving details.
- Schedule will show you when you have been scheduled to volunteer and allow you to respond to volunteer assignments.
- Groups lets you access any groups that you lead to take attendance or note prayer requests.
- Events will show you any upcoming event that you have registered for and any upcoming event that is open for registration.
- Resources has links to our YouTube channel, sermon notes on YouVersion, children’s lessons and other resources as needed.
Questions? Contact Jessica for assistance.