Northside Christian Church began February 12, 1970 when a small group of Christians determined that they would start a non-denominational church on the north side of town. They first met in a home, then an office suite, and then in the meeting hall of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers for two years.
From Valley Water Mill Road to H Highway
Northside purchased land and built a building at 1311 E Valley Water Mill Road and met at that location from 1973 to the fall of 2007. During that time, the church saw significant growth.
Northside prepared for a future relocation by purchasing 41 acres at its present location on H Highway in 1999. Excitement toward a future relocation grew as 640 people attended a tent service on the new property on September 7, 2003. Northside’s first service in the new building was held on September 2, 2007. The growth inhibiting factors were removed, and the NCC experienced significant growth in numbers. Northside continues to grow with its primary purpose to “connect people to Christ and one another.”
Connecting people to Christ and one another
Northside is a welcoming, grace filled community positioned to serve those who have either stayed away or strayed away, those who have been looking for a place to call home, a place to heal or a place to pursue a relationship with God. We are diverse. We come from many different backgrounds, but our common bond in Christ and our commitment to the authority of His Word brings us together.
We are multiplying. Every age group from infants to senior citizens is experiencing growth. We have many young families and we will continue to do everything possible to reach this age group as we invest in the next generation. We are a people on a mission to “connect people to Christ and one another.”