Who We Are
Northside is a non-denominational Christian Church. We are not the only Christians, but we simply want to be known as Christians. Because of this, you will find people from all kinds of different backgrounds attending this congregation; our common bond in Christ and our commitment to the authority of His Word brings us together! We invite you to worship with us in a contemporary worship service that is relevant and creative. The use of the creative arts helps us communicate the powerful truth of the gospel.
What We Believe
Worship is shown in a variety of ways, but it is always based in truth. Jesus told the Samaritan woman that God is looking for worshipers who will worship the Father in spirit and truth (John 4:23). So our core beliefs are very important to the value of celebrating in worship. We do not get caught up in the ritualistic and theological minutia that has too often distracted and divided the church. Our goal is unity in truth. What we believe matters and the following contains truths we adhere to.
* We believe in one God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matthew 5:16,45; 6:1,4,8,9; James 1:17; John 1:1;14:9; Genesis 1:2; John 4:24; 14:16-20; 2 Peter 1:21)
* We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return to judge the living and the dead. (Col. 2:9; John 1:14; Matthew 1:18; Romans 5:15-17, 19;
I Corinthians 15:1-8; Luke 22:69-70; Acts 10:39-42)
* We believe in the Holy Spirit. His ministry is to glorify Jesus Christ and during this age, to convict men of sin, indwell, guide, instruct, comfort, and empower the believer for Godly living and service. All Christians have been promised the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in their lives. The Holy Spirit does what He wants when He wants, how He wants and yet promises His presence may be claimed at the point of conversion (Acts 2:38). The Holy Spirit then gives gifts of ministry to each one for the good of the body. (1 Corinthians 12:4-7)
* We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God–a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our paths. ( II Timothy 3:16)
* We accept the Bible as the final authority for all matters of faith and practice. (Isaiah 40:8; Matthew 5:18; 24:35; Romans 15:4; Hebrews 4:12)
* We believe that every person has worth as a creation but that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)
* We believe that forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to those who trust Christ as Savior and Lord. (John 3:16)
* We believe that those accepting Christ should repent of sin, confess their faith, and be baptized into Jesus Christ. (Romans 10:9; Acts 2:38; Romans 6:3-7)
* We believe that the Church is the body of Christ on earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit and exists to save the lost and edify the saved.
(Ephesians 4:1-16; Acts 2:14-47)
* We believe that Jesus Christ will one day return for His church where believers will experience everlasting joy with the Lord.
(I Thessalonians 4:13-18)